Exam for SSC Constable GD is conducted by Staff Selection Commission. You can get more details about the selection process, exam syllabus, and SSC Constable GD Exam Previous Year Papers in this blog.
SSC Constable GD Exam Previous Year Papers
Exam of SSC Constable GD 2018 will be conducted by Staff Selection Commission. The commission has announced 57,000 vacancies for the SSC Constable GD Exam 2018. Candidates have to fill the application form online. The application can be filled online by using the SSC official website. The last date of filling application will be declared soon by SSC. Candidates have to fill application before the last date. This blog discusses in detail SSC Constable GD 2018 exam details. We have consolidated all exam related information for the candidates willing to appear for the exam. Exam Pattern, Selection Process, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Syllabus and SSC Constable GD Exam Previous Year Papers is shared in this blog.
SSC recruits candidates for different posts. They have their set selection procedure. The focus of SSC is to recruit best candidates for several posts for the country’s development. Candidates get selected for central government jobs after clearing SSC exams.
SSC Constable GD 2018 Exam Selection Process:
- Physical Standards Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Online Written Test
- Medical Test
SSC GD Constable 2018 Exam Details
|Post Name||Constable (GD)|
|Number of Vacancies||57,000|
|Last Date to Apply||20th August 2018|
SSC Constable GD 2018 Exam Pattern
|Exam Type||Sections||Subject Name||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Objective Type||A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hrs|
|B||General Knowledge & Awareness||25||25|
- There are 4 different sections in the exam.
- There is 100 question, each carries 1 marks.
- The time duration of the exam is 2 Hrs.
SSC Constable GD 2018 Exam Syllabus
Before appearing for the exam, it is important to check the SSC General Duty Constable Exam Syllabus 2018 Pdf. If you check the SSC GD Exam Syllabus 2018, you can prepare well for the exam in a short time. Read the detailed syllabus below.
It is very important for candidates to refer syllabus before appearing for SSC Constable GD 2018 exam. The syllabus will help candidates to prepare in a better manner. Detailed syllabus is shared below for your assistance.
SSC Constable GD 2018 Syllabus: General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Arithmetic Number Series.
- Relationship concepts.
- Similarities and Differences.
- Spatial Visualization.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Figures Classification.
- Spatial Orientation.
- Non-verbal series.
- Visual Memory.
- Coding and Decoding
- Observation etc.
SSC Constable GD 2018 Syllabus: GK and General Awareness
- Current Affairs – International & National.
- General Policy.
- Indian History.
- Indian & World Geography.
- Events related to India and its neighboring countries.
- Indian Culture & Heritage.
- Science & Technology
- Indian Economy.
- Indian Constitution etc.
SSC Constable GD 2018 Syllabus: Elementary Mathematics
- Fundamental arithmetical operations.
- Decimals and Fractions.
- Computation of Whole Numbers.
- Number Systems.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Profit and Loss.
- Time and Distance.
- Ratio and Time.
- Time and Work etc.
SSC Constable GD 2018 Syllabus: English/Hindi
- Verbal Ability.
- Comprehension etc.
SSC Constable GD 2018 Preparation Tips:
- Practice GI & reasoning section for atleast 25 minutes daily.
- Reasoning section takes less time as compared to QA, There are chances to score high in this section.
- Candidates must learn tricks to solve questions easily.
- Candidate must solve SSC Constable GD Exam Previous Year Papers to have an idea of exam pattern.
- Make a study plan and stick to it.
- Solve SSC Constable GD Exam Previous Year Papers of the exam this will help you to identify your weak verticals.
- Everday give a minimum of one hour to prepare for those weak verticals
- Study topic wise
- Start the new topic only when you have finished one topic.
- Make short notes while going through the topics which will help you in an easy revision.
- Professional knowledge section is important but do not mistake to take English, Quant, Reasoning lightly. Keep a track on these sections as well.
- Remember, there are sectional cut-offs so all the sections are equally important
- Learn time management
- Practice meditation to keep the stress away.
- If you are not able to complete any topic do not panic, focus on what you have prepared well.
- Keep up your confidence level.
SSC Constable GD Exam Previous Year Papers
Candidates must practice on SSC Constable GD Exam Previous Year Papers before appearing for the actual exam. Solving previous year question paper help candidates to have a brief idea of exam pattern. Practicing is key to clear any exam. The habit of practicing increase confidence level of the candidate. Candidate can manage his/her time more efficiently. Candidate can evaluate his/ her performance in the exam. You can download SSC Constable GD Exam Previous Year Papers from the link shared below:
Keep Practicing. Good Luck!!