The exam for SSC CHSL 2018 is conducted by Staff Selection Commision. This exam is conducted for central government vacancies. You can download SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Papers to prepare for the exam.
SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Papers
Exam for SSC CHSL 2018 will be conducted to recruit for different posts in central government bodies. The exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Candidates selected get placed for different posts like DEO, Sorting Assistant, LDC and Postal Assistant.
SSC CHSL 2018 Exam Dates
Staff Commission of India has declared a tentative schedule. Following are tentative exam dates for SSC CHSL 2018:
SSC CHSL 2018 Exam Schedule:
|Application form start from||19th January 2019|
|Last date for registration||18th February 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam||to be notified soon|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam||to be notified soon|
SSC CHSL 2018 Application
Application for SSC CHSL will be available online. The online application will start on 19th January 2019. The last date for filling the application online is 18th February 2019. The application fee is 100/-. Tere is fee relaxation for candidates from SC/ST/OBC/PWD category, Females, and Ex-Servicemen.
SSC CHSL Recruitment
There are three phases in SSC CHSL exam. The tier-i exam is conducted in Online mode. Tier-II & Tier-III is conducted in offline mode.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
Following is exam pattern followed in three tiers of the exam:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-1 Exam Pattern
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam Pattern
Tier-II of SSC CHSL exam is descriptive in nature. The exam is conducted to test the writing skills of the candidates. Writing language can be Hindi/ English. There are chances of having an essay of 200-150 words and letter of 150-200 words. There is a minimum percentage of 33% that candidate have to score to qualify the level.
- Duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
- Total marks are 100 marks.
- Exam questions are based on the 10th class syllabus.
- 80 minutes are given to candidates having any type of disability or suffering from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier-III Exam Pattern
The Tier-III level of SSC CGL Exam tests few sets of skills required for few government vacancies.
SSC CHSL Syllabus
SSC CHSL Tier-1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips:
There are four major sections in SSC CHSL 2018 Tier I Exam. They are General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. Each section is different thus preparation style for each section is also different.
- This section of the paper tests knowledge of the candidates about facts.
- Candidates must practice on SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Papers for building their base.
- Candidates have to work on their reasoning skills and improve their focus.
- This section has statistical questions to test candidates command on numbers and formulae.
- Topics covered in this section are: computation of whole numbers, between the numbers, decimals, fractions, profit and loss, relationship, partnership, percentage, ratio and proportion, square roots, mixtures, average, interest, discounts, and allegation etc.
- This section needs a lot of practice.
- Candidates must solve SSC CHSL 2018 Previous Year Question Papers to build their confidence and speed.
- Learn shortcuts to save time and increase scores.
- Candidate must remember formulae as much as possible.
- It is easy to score in this section.
- Questions come from current affairs and recent events happening across the world.
- Candidate must keep an update of what is happening across the world.
- Candidate must develop the habit of reading the newspaper daily.
- Topics to be focused are History, Geography, Economy & Finance, Art & Culture, Science and Technology and Indian Polity & Constitution.
Writing ability of candidates is tested in this section. Topics covered are grammar rules, comprehension and writing ability.
SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Papers
For qualifying different tiers of SSC CHSL exam it is important to solve SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Papers. Practicing on SSC CHSL 2018 Previous Year Question Papers will increase your confidence level and also help in the understanding paper pattern. You can download previous year papers form the link shared below:
SSC CHSL Previous year papers (Tier -1) – 2018
SSC CHSL Previous year papers (Tier -1)– 2017