Examination for SSC CGL is conducted by SSC every year. For more details about the exam and download SSC CGL Exam Previous Year Question Papers read through the blog.
SSC CGL Exam Previous Year Question Papers
SSC CGL 2018 Exam
Exam for SSC CGL is conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year. SSC is responsible for selecting desirable candidates for central government vacancies. Combined Graduate Level (CGL) is a recruiting exam conducted by SSC for ‘Grade-B’ and ‘Grade-C’ non-technical positions in different government ministries, organizations and departments. These posts are not gazetted posts. List of the post filled by SSC CGL exam every year are shared below:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Central Excise & Customs Inspectors.
• Income Tax Inspectors.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• Compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Details
Earlier SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I Exam was conducted on 5th May 2018. SSC postponed the dates. Detail schedule for SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I exam is shared below:
|SSC CGL 2018 Online Application||5th May to 4th June 2018|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I||25th July to 20th August|
|SSC CGL Tier-II||Update Soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-III (Des)||Update Soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam||Update Soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-III (Des)||8th July 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam||November/December 2018|
|SSC CGL 2017-18 Final Result||Updated Soon|
- The application fee is Rs.100/-
• Candidates belonging to SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen category do not have to pay any application fee.
• Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
• The fee can be paid online as well as offline in SBI Bank.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates have to clear 4 levels for getting selected in SSC CGL Exam. First two levels of the exam are conducted in online mode. The last two levels are conducted offline. SSC has made few changes in exam pattern of Tier-I and Tier-II paper from 2018. The new pattern is shared below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CGL Exam Syllabus
The major sections asked in SSC CGL 2018 Preliminary Exam are General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Word Formation||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
SSC CGL Exam Eligibility Criteria
1. Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
2. There is differrent age limit for different positions. Details are shared in the table below:
|Age group||Name of post||Department / Ministries||Class Fiction||Grade pay|
|18-27 years||Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “B”||4600|
|Auditor||Officer under C&AG||Group “C”||2800|
|Auditor||Officer Under CGDA||Group “C”||2800|
|Auditor||Other Ministries/Dept.||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant||Officer under C&AG||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant / Junior Accountant||Other Ministry/ Dept.||Group “C”||2800|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division clerks||Central Govt. offices Ministries other than CSCS cadres||Group “C”||2400|
|Tax Assistant||CBDT||Group “C”||2400|
|Sub-Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “C”||2400|
|Upper Division Clerk (UDC)||Dte. General Border Road Organisation (MoD)
Only For Male Candidates
|18-30 years||Inspector Posts||Department of Post.||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4600|
|20-27 years||Tax Assistant||CBEC||Group “C”||2400|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section officer||Central Secretariat Service||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of Railway||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of External Affairs||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||AFHQ||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other Ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4600|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||Group “B”||4600|
|Not Exceeding 30 years||Inspector, (Central Excise)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4200|
|Inspector (Preventive officer)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector (Examiner)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department Under CAG||Group B Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||Group B Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section Officer||Other Ministries / Departments/ Organisations.||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant / Superintendent||Other Ministries / Departments/ Organisations||Group “B”||4200|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Group “C”||4600|
|Divisional Accountant||Officer under CAG||Group “B”||4200|
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Group “B”||4600|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)||Group “B”||4200|
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer||M/O statistics & Prog. Implementation||Group “B”||4200|
There is sone age relaxation given to candidates belonging to specific categories. They are:
|3||PH + Gen||10 years|
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
3. Differrent educational qualification is required for differrent posts. We have shared details about the same in the table below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL Exam Preperation Tips
- Make a study plan and stick to it.
- Solve previous year question paper of the exam this will help you to identify your weak verticals.
- Everday give a minimum of one hour to prepare for those weak verticals
- Study topic wise
- Start the new topic only when you have finished one topic.
- Make short notes while going through the topics which will help you in an easy revision.
- Professional knowledge section is important but do not mistake to take English, Quant, Reasoning lightly. Keep a track on these sections as well.
- Remember, there are sectional cut-offs so all the sections are equally important
- Learn time management
- Practice meditation to keep the stress away.
- If you are not able to complete any topic do not panic, focus on what you have prepared well.
- Keep up your confidence level
SSC CGL Exam Previous Year Question Papers
Previous Year paper will help you to manage your time during the exam. SSC CGL Exam Previous Year Question Papers will help you identify the exam pattern. Below we have compiled the past few years papers of SSC CGL Exam Previous Year Question Papers. These papers give a fair idea about the types of question asked, the difficulty level of the exam and time needed to solve every section. Though the pattern of exam is constantly changing over the years. But the broad structure remains the same.
|SSC CGL Exam Previous Year Question Papers (Tier -1) – 2017|
|SSC CHSL Previous year paper 8th August 2017||Reasoning|
|SSC CHSL Previous year paper 9th August 2017||Reasoning|
|SSC CHSL Previous year paper 10th August 2017||Reasoning|
|SSC CHSL Previous year paper 11th August 2017||Reasoning|
|SSC CGL Exam Previous Year Question Papers- 2016|
|SSC CHSL Previous year paper 31st August 2016||Reasoning|
|SSC CHSL Previous year paper 1st September 2016||Reasoning|
|SSC CHSL Previous year paper 2nd September 2016||Reasoning|
|SSC CHSL Previous year paper 3rd September 2016||Reasoning|