SBI Clerk Mains Exam 2018 is just in 2 days. We have summarized last minute useful tips to solve Quantitative Analysis section in this article.
SBI Clerk Mains Exam 2018: Last Minute Preparation Tips for Quantitative Section
Congratulations for clearing SBI Clerk Prelims. SBI Clerk Mains Exam is around the corner. To boost up your confidence we have prepared a few last minute tips. There are 4 major sections in SBI Clerk Mains Exam. Quantitative Aptitude is the most crucial section. It is easy to increase your mains score if you get QA section right. To help you increase your score in QA sections this article discusses few valuable last minute tips.
|Name of Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Time|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
SBI Clerk Mains Exam QA Syllabus:
Total Questions: 50
Marks Allocated: 50
Time Duration: 45 Min.
Marking: 1 marks for each correct answer
Negative Marking: 0.25 for every wrong answer
Major Topics On Which QA Questions Are Based:
2) Data Sufficiency
3) Data Interpretation.
4) Whole numbers & Decimals
5) Ratio & Proportion
8) Simple and Compound Interest
9) Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnerships
10) Mixture and Allegation
11) Time and distance, Time & Work
12) Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
13) Heights and Distance
14) Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Pie Chart, Bar Chart.
SBI Clerk Mains Exam 2018 Quantitative Aptitude: Topic Specific Preparation Tips
- By analyzing previous years question paper pattern it is observed that major portion of QA is filled with series questions. There are fewer chances that this proportion will change.
- Series questions have numbers that are interconnected with one another.
- You have to identify the pattern once. After that, it becomes very easy to crack.
- Probable patterns are:
- Odd one out.
- Patterns in differences.
- Squares/ Cubes.
- Prime Numbers.
- Cube roots/ square roots.
- Pattern in alternate numbers.
- Geometric series.
- These questions need focus. Give them some time. You have 100% chance to score.
- Practice as much as you can otherwise you will end spending more than 10 minutes for identifying the correct pattern. This will increase stress and can also leave less time for other questions.
- Key to increase score and decrease time per question is practice as much as you can.
- Expose yourself to different types of series combination and practice by solving minimum 5 questions of mix series every day.
- It is important to focus on data given in the question. Do not make any assumptions on your own.
- These questions have all the data needed to solve the problem. First, read the question and decide whether this question can be solved on the basis of given information. If you are still doing long calculations then you have definitely missed something.
- The trick is to combine the first statement with the main statement. If you find the link between the two statements then the first statement is sufficient to find the answer.
- If first is not sufficient then combine the second statement individually with the main statement. If you are able to get the answer, then answer is the second statement.
- Data Interpretation questions play a crucial role when it comes to QA section.
- As per previous year papers pattern, it is observed that there is one DI question for sure and sometimes more than one question in the QA section.
- The first step is to read the question and observe the figures very carefully. Understand the question and what it is asking for. It is important because sometimes few questions do not require calculations at all.
- Prioritize what you will attempt. As there are a few options that are a bit easier for you to solve. First, identify and attempt them to save time.
- You have to focus on solving one question at a time. If you think about other question then this will affect your concentration, waste your time and also increase chances of getting the wrong answer.
- If you think the question in hand is taking a long time then leave it and move to the next question.
- Focus on solving one question at a time. Do not think about other questions.
SBI Clerk Mains Exam 2018 Quantitative Aptitude Section: Last Minute Preparation Tips:
- Focus on topics you have a strong hold on. Do not study anything new in the last few days prior to the exam.
- Key to score high marks in SBI Clerk Mains Exam Quantitative Analysis section is accurate answers and speed of solving them.
- Try to give 1 hr to QA section preparation on a daily basis.
- In the next 2 days, only revise basic concepts and questions related to the topics discussed above.
- Give mock test as much as possible as it will help you in managing your time at the time of the exam.
- If you still have any doubt in any concept, clear it right away with exam expert.
- Practice on SBI Clerk Mains previous year question papers as much as you can.
- Practice is the Mantra!!