The Odisha Sub-Ordinate Staff Selection Commission has announced the vacancy notification. The total number of vacant posts are 219. Our blog contains complete details of the exam, pattern, syllabus and some OSSSC Previous Question Paper. Candidates willing to take up defence services can participate in this exam.
OSSSC Previous Question Paper
Aspirants can get all the details of the application process on their official website.The last date of submitting the application form is 19th November 2018. The Odisha Sub-Ordinate Staff Selection Commission are looking for skilled & talented candidates for Excise Constable posts.
The opening are for
- Cuttack, Ganjam, Baleshwar, Kendujhar, Bargarh, Anugul, Dhenkanal, Jagatsinghapur, Sambalpur, Kandhamal and Gajapati
OSSSC Exam Pattern
|General Studies||50||02 hours|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||25|
|Oriya or Nepali or Hindi or Urdu||50||01 hours|
OSSSC Selection Procedure
Candidate has to go through the following pattern
- Physical Standar Measurement
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Educational Achievement
- Written Test.
- Candidate must be a middle school pass out.
- He/She must have a profienciency in local language.
- Aspirant must be a 10th class pass out.
- The applicant must be aged between 21 years to 32 years only. Age relaxation is application as per state norms.
OSSSC Pay Scale
The pay scale will range from 5500 till 21000.
OSSSC Application Fees
All the candidates will have to pay a nominal amount of 100 Rs towards application fees.
OSSSC Documents Required
- Treasury Challan for fee amount deposit.
- Resident certificate from registered government authority.
- Understanding letter stating that the candidate has not applied for any other post elsewhere.
- Caste certificate.
- Relevant mark-sheets and documents.
- Ex-servicemen must produce discharge document for services.
- Applicant applying for sports quota must produce relevant supporting documents.
OSSSC Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Character must be good.
- He/ She should be mentally and physically fit to discharge the duties.
OSSSC Exam Syllabus
|Whole Numbers.||Problem Solving.|
|Ratio and Proportion.||Analogies.|
|Decimals & Fractions.||Visual Memory.|
|Time and Distance.||Non-Verbal & Number Series.|
|Mixtures & Allegations.||Coding-Decoding.|
|Profit & Loss.||Embedded Figures etc.|
|Time & Work.|
|Vocabulary, Grammar.Antonyms,Synonyms/||Geography n History of India.|
|Fill in the blanks,Idioms and phrases.||Indian Culture & Heritage.|
|Detecting Mis-spelt words.||Scientific Observations.|
|Spot the error.||Important Dates, International issues|
|Passage,Clauses||Indian Economy and Political Science|
|Verbs,Adjectives||National and International Current Affairs.|
|Sentence structure, Shuffling of sentence||Books & Authors.|
The below metrics will be followed for Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
|Physical Measurement Test (PMT)|
|Post||Category of Candidates||Height||Chest ( in cm)||Weight|
|Constable of Excise||Candidates of all categories (except Rajban Constables,Gorkha, and Scheduled Tribes)||167 cms||79 cm. with a min expansion of 5 cm||56 kg|
|Gorkhas, Rajban Constables and Scheduled Tribes||160 cms||76 cm. with a minimum expansion of 5 cm.||52 kg|
OSSSC Previous Question Paper
Our experts have presented a few OSSSC Previous Question Paper to help the candidates. You must practice how much papers you can to get the idea of exam.
All the best.