Jharkhand Public Service Commission have declared huge vacancies across the state. Details of the posts, exam pattern, eligibility, syllabus and some JPSC Exam Previous Question Paper are available in this blog.
JPSC Exam Previous Question Paper
Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) was established in the year 2000. Their main objective is to do state level recruitment for various government posts. They have recently rolled out job notifications for the eligible candidates. The total number of vacancies are 1000 for Medical Officer post and the entire details can be obtained from their official web site.
The last date to apply for the Medical Officer post is 15th November 2018 and the exam is scheduled for 2nd December 2018.
The state government has divided the vacancies as per categories. The same is presented below.
- OM – 570
- SC – 80
- ST- 100
- RBA – 200
- ALC – 30
- SLC – 20
JPSC Exam Selection Process
As we know all the public service commission follows 2 tier process for selecting the right candidate.
- Written Exam (Prelim & Mains)
- Personality test or Interview
JPSC Exam Age Limit
Applicant must an Indian citizen aged between 18 years to 40 Years. Though, age relaxation are applicable as per state government rules.
JPSC Exam Educational Qualification
The candidate must be MBBS or should possess a medical graduate qualification from a recognized institute.
JPSC Exam Fee Details
- For General and OBC it is Rs 400.
- ST/SC/PWD can pay Rs 200.
- There is no fees for Specially Challenged applicants.
JPSC Exam Pattern- Prelims
- The written test will be multiple choice question paper.
- Two composite papers will be there.
- Both the question papers will be 200 marks each.
- 100 questions will be asked in both the papers which means each question will be of 2 marks.
- The total time provided to finish the exam is 02.00 hours for each paper.
- Exam will be bilingual that is English and Hindi languages.
JPSC Exam Pattern- Mains
- This exam will be descriptive type that is answers need to be written in detail.
- Total Six compulsory papers will be there which is common for all the candidates.
- The total duration for writing the exam is 03.00 hours for each paper.
- This exam will also be bilingual that is English and Hindi languages.
- Total marks for these six papers are 1050.
- Apart from these six papers there will a personality test also for 100 marks. Hence, the total marks of Mains exam is 1150.
- The marks bifurcation of each paper is as follows
JPSC Exam Syllabus – Prelims
|PAPER-I General Studies|
|Subject||Topic||Number of Questions(100)|
|History of India||Ancient, Medieval and Modern India||15|
|Geography of India||General, Physical, Economic , Social & Demographic Geography||10|
|Indian Governance and Politics||Constitution, Public Administration, Good Governance,Panchayats and Municipalities||10|
|Economic and Sustainable Development||Basic feature of Indian Economy,Economic Issues, Sustainable Development, Economic Reforms and Globalization||10|
|Scinece and Technology||General Science, Agriculture and Technological Development, Information and communication Technology.||15|
|Jharkhand state related||General Awareness of its History, Society, Culture & Heritage||10|
|Current Events||National & International||15|
|General Knowledge||Human Rights, Bio-diversity & Climate Change, Urbanization, Environmental Protection, Sports, Disaster Management, Awards||15|
|PAPER-II General Studies||Number of Questions(100)|
|History of Jharkhand||8|
|Movement of Jharkhand||7|
|Uniqueness of Jharkhand||5|
|Folk and Culture||5|
|Literature and Books and Authors||5|
|Law of Jharkhand||12|
|Geography and Development of Jharkhand after Independence||10|
|Industries and Development||5|
|Main and Sub Schemes of Jharkhand||5|
|Forest Mgt and Conservation||5|
|Adaptation and Mitigation||7|
|Facts and Figures||7|
JPSC Exam Syllabus – Mains
|Paper-I||General Hindi & General English.||100|
|Paper-II||Language and Literature.||150|
|Paper-III||Social Sciences, History and Geography.||200|
|Paper-IV||Indian Constitution & Polity, Public Administration & Good Governance.|
|Paper-V||Indian Economy, Globalization and Sustainable Development.||200|
|Paper-VI||General Sciences, Environment & Technology Development||200|
JPSC Exam- Preparation Tips
- Make a time table schedule to study each and every topic.
- You must read newspaper,news channels, magazine, blogs, e papers etcetra to increase your knowledge on current affairs.
- Keep yourself updated with current affairs and government issues.
- Solve many previous papers and make a habit of marking the important key point.
- Make short notes and revise every now and then for better learning.
- Take mock exams to boost your confidence level.
- Questions will be asked from all the chapters so kindly do not omit any topic.
- While preparing for Service commission exam you are required a minimum of 8-10 hrs. study.
- During exams try to write the answer in points.Underline the key points of your answer.
- Do not hurry to finish your question paper. Keep calm and solve it with full concentration.
JPSC Exam Previous Question Paper
We hope that the information provided in this blog is sufficient for our aspirants. A good preparation is must before appearing in any exam, if you are serious enough to crack it. We suggest you to solve the JPSC Exam Previous Question Paper attached in the links below. The more you practice, the more accurate you will be.
All the best for your success in the exam. Do well.