Exam for recruitment in IOCL is conducted every year for various positions. This blog shares details of basic exam pattern, syllabus and exam details of IOCL. Candidates can also download IOCL Placement Exam Previous Year Question Papers from the link shared here.
IOCL Exam Previous Year Question Papers
Exam for recruitment in Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL). IOCL is a renown Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) that operates under Indian government. IOCL was established in 1959 and work in oil and gas industry. IOCL has earned Maharatna status. that comes under Government of India. the company has also earned the status of Maharatna. IOCL work in the domain of refining, pipeline transportation & marketing, of petroleum products to exploration & production of crude oil & gas.
IOCL Selection Process
- Written Exam
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
IOCL Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have a minimum of 60% in 10th, 12th & B.Tech degree.
- Educations Gap of maximum one year is accepted.
IOCL Exam Details
|Section||No. of questions|
- The written exam is conducted for 180 minutes.
- 1/3rd marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
- No negative marking is there for Numerical Ability Section.
- The difficulty level of the exam is moderate to difficult.
- Candidates will be eligible to appear for next round if they clear written test.
IOCL Exam Pattern
IOCL recruit for various positions. Exam pattern is different for different posts. For details of exam pattern refer IOCL official website i.e.https://www.iocl.com/.
For your assistance, we are sharing a basic exam pattern of IOCL.
IOCL Exam Pattern 2018 – IOCL Test Pattern
|S. No||Type of Exam||Subject Name||Duration|
|1.||Objective Type||Related Discipline||2 hours|
|2.||General Awareness/ Reasoning|
- All questions are objective type
- Questions will be from the following topics: Logical Ability, General Awareness, and related subjects
- Weightage given to each correct answer is one mark
- The time duration of the exam is 2 hours
IOCL Exam Syllabus
Syllabus pattern for IOCL recruitment exam will be different for different posts. For detail syllabus please visit IOCL official website i.e.https://www.iocl.com/.
For your assistance, we are sharing a basic exam syllabus of IOCL.
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
- Similarities and Differences.
- Problem Solving.
- Space Visualization.
- Visual Memory.
- Decision Making.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Discriminating Observation.
- Figure Classification.
- Arithmetical Number Series etc.
Numerical Ability Syllabus
- Problems on Ages.
- Profit and Loss.
- Time & Work.
- Time & Distance.
- Boats & Streams.
- Pipes & Cisterns.
- Data Interpretation etc.
General Awareness Syllabus
- Economic Scene.
- Indian Constitution.
- General Polity.
- Scientific Research.
- Current Events – International & National etc.
Mechanical Subject Syllabus
- The Strength of Materials.
- Heat Transfer,
- Machine Design.
- Theory Of Machines.
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Fluid Machinery & Steam Generators.
- Engineering Materials.
- Industrial Engineering etc.
Electrical Engineering Syllabus
- Network Analysis.
- Electrical Instrumentation.
- Electromagnetic Theory.
- Switch Gear and Protection.
- Power Electronics & Drives.
- Electronics Devices.
- Control Systems.
- Analog and Digital Electronics.
- Electrical Machines.
- Power System Analysis & Control.
- Power System Protection.
- Utilization of Electrical Energy.
- Power Systems etc.
Instrumentation Engineering Syllabus
- Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems.
- Analog Electronics.
- Control Systems and Process Control.
- Digital Electronics.
- Transducers, Mechanical Measurement, and Industrial Instrumentation.
- Signal and Systems.
- Analytical, Optical and Bio-medical Instrumentation.
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements.
- Analytical, Optical, and Biomedical.
- Laws of motion.
- Thermal properties of matter.
- Units and measurements.
- Kinetic theory.
- Work, energy, and power.
- Wave optics.
- Physical world.
- Mechanical properties of solids.
- Ray optics and optical instruments.
- Motion in a straight line.
- Motion in a plane.
- Mechanical properties of fluids.
- Systems of particles and rotational motion.
- Electric charges and fields.
- Moving charges and magnetism.
- Electromagnetic induction.
- Electrostatic potential and capacitance.
- Magnetism and Matter.
- Current electricity.
- Alternating current.
- Dual nature of radiation and matter.
- Electromagnetic waves.
- Semiconductor electronics.
- Communication systems.
- The s – block elements.
- P-block elements – group 14 (carbon family).
- Organic chemistry-some basic principles and techniques and hydrocarbons.
- Surface chemistry.
- Chemical equilibrium and acids-bases.
- Hydrogen and its Compounds.
- Atomic structure.
- D and f block elements & coordination compounds.
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties.
- Environmental chemistry.
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure.
- Solid state.
- States of matter: gasses and liquids.
- Electrochemistry and chemical kinetics.
- General principles of metallurgy.
- Organic compounds containing c, h, and o.
- P- block elements group 13 (boron family).
- P-block elements.
- Chemistry in everyday life.
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes.
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen.
- Number Systems.
- Computation of Whole Numbers.
- Decimals and Fractions.
- Relationship Between Numbers.
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Profit & Loss.
- Simple Interest.
- Time & Work.
- Time & Distance.
- Use of Tables and Graphs.
- Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure.
- Chemical Equilibrium.
- Chemical Kinetics.
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry.
- Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Solid State & States of Matter.
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure.
- Chemistry of Representative Elements.
- Surface Chemistry.
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties.
- Transition Elements Including Lanthanides.
- Nomenclature and Basic Concepts in the Organic Chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry Based On Function Group-II.
- Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-III.
- Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-I.
- Co-ordination Chemistry and Organometallics.
- Molecules of Life.
IOCL Placement Exam Previous Year Question Papers
For getting selected in IOCL it is important to practice on IOCL Exam Previous Year Question Papers as much as possible. solving IOCL Exam Previous Year Question Papers will improve your understanding of paper pattern and difficulty level of the exam. It will boost your confidence level and also help in improving speed. We are sharingIOCL Placement Exam Previous Year Question Papers in the link below.
Keep practicing and Good Luck!!