This article shares details about IBPS Law Officer Previous year question papers, syllabus, eligibility criteria, preparation tips, and books to refer. You can download IBPS Law Officer Previous year question papers from shared links.
IBPS Law Previous Year Question Papers
The duty of a Law officer is to make sure that bank sign legal contracts with legally fit the companies/organizations/ individuals and in a correct manner. His responsibility is to provide legal advice to the bank staff.
IBPS Law Officer Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have a graduate degree from a recognized university.
- Age limit is 20-30 years.
- Candidate must be an LLB graduate and must be an enrolled Advocate with Bar Council.
IBPS Law Officer Syllabus
The syllabus will include topics related to the banks and law. Laws directly or directly related with the banking sector. Following are the topics for Law Officer Exam:
- RBI Functions
- Relevant laws and rulings related to negotiable instruments, securities, Foreign Exchange,
- Consumer Protection Act
- Bankers Book Evidence Act, DRT Act
- Offenses and Penalties
- Limitation Act, 1993
- RTI Act, Information Technology Act,
- The Recovery of Debts due to Banks and Financial Institutions (DRT) Act,1993
- Commercial Laws with Reference to Banking Operation
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme
- Prevention of money laundering, Limitation Act
- Banking Regulated Important Laws
- The Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006
- Banker’s Books Evidence Act, 1891
- Contracts of Bailment
- Meaning and Essentials of a Contract of Sale
- Banking Regulation & Compliance and Legal Aspects
- Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, 2002
- Miscellaneous Provisions Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- Procedure for Redressal of Grievance
- Dissolution of a Firm
- Contracts of Guarantee
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Contracts of Pledge
- Contracts of Agency
- Definition and Features of Company
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- Definition, Meaning, and Nature of Partnership
- Effects of Non-Registration
- Types of Companies
- Doctrines of Ultra/Constructive Notice/Indoor Management
- RBI’s Constitution and Objectives
- The Right to Information Act, 2005
- Right to Information and Obligation of Public Authorities
- Foreign Exchange Management Act,1999
- Credit Information Bureau (India)
- The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
- Banking Regulation Act, 1949
- Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
- Information Technology Act, 2000. etc.
- Banker-Customer Relationship
- Payment and Collection of Cheques and Other Negotiable Instruments
- Types of Collaterals and their Characteristics
IBPS Law Officer Previous Year Question Papers
Previous year question papers help in increasing the confidence level of candidates. Download IBPS Law Officer Previous Year Question Papers from the link shared below:
For more details on IBPS SO Exam click on the link shared below:
IBPS Law Officer Preparation Tips
- Make a study plan and stick to it.
- Solve previous year question paper of the exam this will help you to identify your weak verticals.
- Everday give a minimum of one hour to prepare for those weak verticals
- Study topic wise
- Start the new topic only when you have finished one topic.
- Make short notes while going through the topics which will help you in an easy revision.
- Professional knowledge section is important but do not mistake to take English, Quant, Reasoning lightly. Keep a track on these sections as well.
- Remember, there are sectional cut-offs so all the sections are equally important
- Learn time management
- Practice meditation to keep the stress away.
- If you are not able to complete any topic do not panic, focus on what you have prepared well.
- Keep up your confidence level