For getting admission in India’s best law university, students have to appear for CLAT exam. We have consolidated all the details related with CLAT 2019 exam in this blog. Students can download and practice CLAT Previous Year Question Papers from the link shared in this blog.
CLAT Previous Year Question Papers
For getting admission in India’s reputed Law colleges, students have to appear for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). CLAT is conducted by Indian National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotational basis. Courses offered by CLAT are BA LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons), LLM, BSW LLB (Hons), BSc LLB (Hons), and BCom LLB (Hons) in any NLU. There are 18 NLUs till 2018 which accept CLAT score. Seats offered were 632 LLM seats and 2,352 LLB seats. From 2019, there will be 19 NLUs in which students can take admissions depending on their CLAT scores.
CLAT 2019 Exam Details
|Exam Name||CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2019|
|Exam for Course Level||UG & PG Level|
|Test Duration||120 minutes|
|No. of Test Cities||63 cities in India|
|Courses Offered||BA LLB/ BCom LLB/ BSc LLB/ BBA LLB/ BSW LLB/ LLM|
|Registration Dates||January (dates to be announced for 2019)|
|Exam Date||May (dates to be announced for 2019)|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1800 419 2929|
|Exam Website & Email||http://www.clat.ac.in/ (to be updated for 2019)|
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Following are the eligibility criteria that candidate have to fulfill to appear for CLAT:
- A student under General/OBC/ Specially Abled Person categories must be 12th pass or equivalent with a minimum of 45%.
- An SC/ST student must have a minimum of 40% marks in his/her 12th or equivalent exam.
- Students passing 12th in March/April 2019 will also be eligible.
- There are no age limit criteria for CLAT after the supreme court removed it.
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
|English including Comprehension||40 marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 marks|
|Total No. of Questions||200 marks|
- There are in all 200 questions
- The time duration for CLAT is 2 Hours
- The exam will be conducted online.
- Each question is MCQ type and carries 1 marks
- There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
CLAT 2019 Syllabus
English Including Comprehension:
- This section tests candidates hold on the English language.
- Questions will be majorly from comprehension passages and English grammar.
- In the comprehension section, you have to understand the meaning of the passage, words meaning etc.
- In the grammar section, you have correct incorrect sentences, Fill in the blanks with suitable words etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- This section will test knowledge of candidates about national and international current affairs.
- Questions will be from static general knowledge and general awareness.
- Candidate’s knowledge of basic maths is tested in this section.
- Questions will be from maths syllabus up to 10th standard.
- Skills tested in this section are knowledge of Law, problem-solving skills, and research aptitude.
- The question may be related to a legal proposition.
- There is a possibility that propositions made in the paper are hypothetical. The candidate has to consider as real and write answers of the same accordingly.
- Candidates have to identify possible patterns, correct arguments that are illogical, and build logical link.
- The section may have questions from logical reasoning. Expected topics are analogies, syllogisms, logical sequences, etc.
- No question from visual reasoning is tested.
CLAT Previous Year Question Papers
Practicing on CLAT Previous Year Question Papers is very important to score high in CLAT exam. Solving CLAT Previous Year Question Papers will give candidates a better understanding of previous year exam pattern. Managing time in each section will become easier. On the basis of CLAT Previous Year Question Papers you can plan strategy you will adopt for getting admission in good law college through CLAT. You can download CLAT Previous Year Question Papers from the link shared below:
|1.||2017 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|
|2.||2016 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|
|3.||2015 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|
|4.||2014 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|
|5.||2013 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|
|6.||2012 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|
|7.||2011 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|
|8.||2010 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|
|9.||2009 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|
|10.||2008 CLAT Question Paper||Download Here|